Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Katie Meyers

Online Lab Four – A Day of Food

Here is a screenshot of my record at “Balance, Mind, Body, and Soul” of yesterday’s day of food.




Here is a closer screenshot of my recorded day of food at “Balance, Mind, Body, and Soul”. The screen does not have the daily percentage info on it (the far right part of the screen was cut off), but it does give a better look at the food and the overall day’s grams.



1) How healthy a daily diet do you think this is? Why?

This example of my daily diet is, unfortunately, true. In my opinion, I should choose healthier foods all around, and if nothing else, add more salads! However, I think that my portions are decently sized, and I think I drink enough water.

2) What would you change about this day's eating, if anything?

As I said above, more salads would be a definite improvement, not to mention just more fruits and veggies in general would be a good thing to include. Also, less pizza/burger food would be good, instead replaced by full-course salads or at least healthier alternatives of some sort.

3) Do you find this kind of nutritional tracking helpful? Why or why not?

Yes, I find this type of tracking helpful. It helps give the eater an overview of their daily nutritional uptake. Initially, it is a good wake-up call to any who may be ignorant of how many grams of each “nutritional fact” they are consuming every day. Also, it would be a good way to keep track of daily nutritional intake when on a diet.

No comments:

Studying for Bio

Studying for Bio
Me and my dog, Indy