Monday, June 4, 2007

My First Blog Entry





Hello all, my name is Katie Meyers, and this is my BIO 156 (Section 10002) blog page. I am taking this class because it sounds very interesting, and it fulfills one of my science requirements. By taking this class, I hope to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the basics of human biology, taught in a well-scructured, easy to understand, and enjoyable learning environment. :)


As for a tidbit of myself, my favorite (musical) artist would have to be either Hilary Hahn (one of the best professional soloing violinists in the world) or the London Symphony Orchestra. Three interesting things about me are:


I am a serious violin student (I plan to major in music performance for my undergrad) and have been playing since I was 7.


I own a black, toothless cat with feline leukemia who sits and keeps me company during long hours of practicing and homework. (We decided not to put her down because she is an indoor cat and does not seem to suffer from much pain, despite the positive blood tests.)


I am an only child who was homeschooled and has been a Peanuts comic strip fan since early childhood. (The number of VHS and DVD Peanuts items I own is somewhere in the twenties and continues to grow even now.)


Lastly, as a picture is supposedly worth a thousand words, I have posted a few to provide a photographic sketch of my mind, how it works, and what it likes.

No comments:

Studying for Bio

Studying for Bio
Me and my dog, Indy